Thursday, August 26, 2010

skizzy

I am not taking any graduate classes this semester. I am taking advanced calculus 2 and Japanese 1. I almost took a graduate statistics class, but I probably couldn't have pulled that off and still taken the other two while commuting. And I have to take Advanced Cal 2, and I just really really really want to take Japanese. And I want to commute and keep my job until January 1st. Then, vacation until school starts january 24th.



Anyway, Japanese meets every day except Thursday. Only Japanese is spoken in class every day except Tuesday. I love this class. I grin from ear to ear from beginning to end. The teacher is a Japanese lady. There are at least 2 asian girls in there who are Chinese. And 2 others are probably Chinese too. I guess they are not allowed to take Chinese as their foreign language so they take the language of the people who eff'd them up in dubya dubya two. There are 3 or 4 asian dudes in there too. I don't know what kind, though. There was a girl with red hair who on Monday and Tuesday looked nice from the behind and sides. Wednesday I sat on the same row and I'm not so sure about her face. I think she may have teeth problems. Or it might have just been her facial expression. She was called up to talk some Japanese and she couldn't get any of it so she was wincing a lot.



I have done pretty good speaking the Japper in class. I only brain-pooted once because she pointed to me and asked in Japanese if I was Thomas. I am Thomas, but I'm supposed to be Gore-san. Thomas-san is someone else in the class. I was like "Hai. Soo desu." She gave me a funny look and asked again and I said "Hai? Soo desu?". And she looked at me funnier and asked again and I just squinted and made smoke come out of my ears. I knew what was happening by now but I was too embarassed to make voice noises. She pointed at the real Thomas-san and asked if he was Thomas... or possibly Thompson... He said he was, and I was done being embarassed by now and was grinning because I did something stupid funny so she asked me one more time and I said "Iie, chigaimasu".



Cool story, bro.



Advanced Cal 2 meets Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are 7 people in there including me. It is a lot nicer taking it from this guy than the guy I would've had to take it from in the summer. I made the right call dropping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment