I guess I didn't make any blog posts in 2011. I will try to fill in the blank from the last blog post until now.
I got Bs in both Advanced Calculus 2 and Japanese 1. It was pretty brutal commuting and working full time and getting all the work done. Especially all the work in Japanese. There was just tons and tons of work to do for that class, but it was fun and I look back on that semester fondly.
In January of 2011 I quit working full time and moved to part time, 2 days a week. And I moved to an apartment in Oxford. My roommate was a guy I'd met in Japanese class. He showed me the apartment and it was a wreck, but he said he'd have it cleaned up before I moved in. He did not.
I got intimidated by the idea of grad school and decided to just try to finish getting my undergrad degree in math and get a minor in Physics.
Anyway, I moved into the apartment after tossing all the crap out of it including all the cigarettes that had been discarded by tossing them on the carpet. There was seriously a giant mound of ashes on the floor next to the bed I tossed out. Of course I brought Callie with me. She never got comfortable there. She spent all the time there either under the bed or under the covers of the bed. So I never got comfortable either. I figure at least part of it was because there was so much ash in the carpet that wouldn't vacuum out and her nose was closer to the ground than mine, and it wasn't nice on my nose either. I ended up dropping some classes but I got As in the ones I didn't drop. But it was not a good time and I felt stupid being an undergrad and crappy living in that place in general.
So anyway, after that semester I moved out of there and Callie was happy. Well she was happy before that because I didn't make her stay there much after it was obvious she was never going to get comfortable with it. I got myself back in grad school and took my first grad classes that fall. I had to come up with a topic and do a presentation for one of them. That kind of had me freaked out for most of September. Finally I came up with something to do and did it in early October. Though I wasn't able to breath a sigh of relief directly after because there was a test 2 days after the presentation so I had to hold my breath a few days more, but then I would be able to really relax. I had decided that I'd prefer to be working full time again and taking fewer classes so I could have some decent income. And shortly before that someone at work quit and the spot opened up for me to come back to full time again soon. The night before the test that was going to mark the point where I could breath again, I was up all night studying. I let Callie out. I checked the door a little later but she wasn't there. Usually even if she doesn't want to come in, she will come up and let you know she's there. I didn't get to study very well that night because I was worried and looking for her. I still hadn't found her when I left to take the test. When I came home from the test I found her laying down in the grass dead. She didn't have any wounds or anything. And she hadn't been feeling bad lately. She had been perky actually, jumping up on my bed and walking all over the papers I was studying. Of course, I moved them to the side and rubbed her. I don't know why she laid down and died that morning. We buried her in her favorite bed with her favorite toy next to Daniel, Merinda, and Hobbes.
So I never got my breath back.
I am working full time again. I managed to get Bs in my classes.
That's enough for now. I just wanted to get things up to that point because that's a hard story to tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment