I think if I was going to get another pet right now I'd get a dog. I think another cat would remind me of Callie too much. Although I got Callie just a few months after Hobbes died and she made me happy. But I kind of tricked myself into that. But it worked out really well... Anyway, if I was going to get a dog I'd get a Labrador. Those are awesome. I'd have to wait for one to show up at the pound. I donated $100 to the Tupelo Humane Society once. I gave $20 to Ron Paul's campaign this year. ...I guess that is the extent of my charitable giving. I ought to do better than that.
I think I got off topic there. Oh yeah, Labs are awesome. But I think I will wait before I get anymore animals. I probably would've lived in the dorms instead of an apartment if it weren't for the fact that dorms don't allow pets. I didn't want to live anywhere without her, but now I don't have a choice, regardless of where I live.
I will wait until I am ready to pick a place to live permanently before I adopt my next batch of childrens. I think that after I get my masters degree I will take a year off of school and go teach english in South Korea for 6 months or a year. Then I will try for my PHD. My top 2 candidate schools are U o Alabama @ Birmingham, and U o South Carolina. After I get my PHD I'd like to try to work in some other foreign countries temporarily. I'm not sure how, but I'd like to live at least a few months in Japan or Southern Ireland or Israel. Then after I have globetrotted myself out I want to settle in Colorado Springs. I just like the look of the place. I originally noticed it when I was looking at Colleges. But the college doesn't really suit my needs, but I love the scenery I've seen in pictures.
By then, hopefully I'll be able to get cats as well as dogs without breaking my heart. I want a Lab and at least two cats. And a Pomeranian. I want to get everything I can from the pound, but there probably aren't many Pomeranian at the pound. But I should have enough good karma from all the other adoptions to make up for it. I think I would try to get newborn versions of my Lab and two cats. But also get another dog and kitty that are grown when I get them. Because grown animals probably have a harder time getting adopted. I'm gonna need a big yard.
I feel less alone when I am hanging out with a dog or cat, even if it's a stranger dog or cat, than I do when I'm hanging out with a BFF human friend. I feel more understood. Back in the early 2000s, around 2 or 3 AM most nights I used to walk a lap around the street with Daniel and Hobbes walking beside me, and later Daniel and Callie. When Merinda died, I still had Daniel. When Hobbes died, I still had Daniel. When Daniel died, I still had Callie. I am really alone for the first time since we found Merinda.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment