Monday, January 25, 2010

Breaking the Habit

I brought my Nintendo DS and Chessmaster to work tonight. I used to do that and I had gotten to where I could beat the midlevel intermediate opponent. Eventually I'd like to get to where I can consistently beat the Chessmaster (highest level opponent). I've played one game since I decided to try to get back into it. The lowest level opponent. I won, but it wasn't easy.



I also brought my backpack, with my Linear Algebra book, and another Math book. I forgot to bring my A+ Certification book, but that's going to be a habit. And I'm working on porting that web page I made with my transferance of Euclid's Elements into my own words into a word document. It's currently on webspace I no longer own and therefore don't have ftp access to. So I need to hurry before they realize it's not supposed to be there anymore. And I am taking an online course at ed2go.com on using PHP and MySQL together. When I finish it, I'm hoping I know enough to write my own blog software and run my blog (and other webpages) off my own computer as a server instead of using blogger or wordpress. After I finish that class I want to take the intermediate class. Then maybe the class on Ruby.



And I want to eliminate unnecessary interaction with verified scumbags and other people I have little respect for. Some people, I just don't want to waste mental energy remembering they exist. Assuming the permissions settings in blogger work the way they're supposed to, if you're reading this you are not one of those people.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for not being a scumbag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never find a hive more devoid of scum and villainy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I EXIST! Waste your mental energy! I'm glad you allowed in jerks even though you blocked scumbags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda like The Partridge Family, right, Travis?

    ReplyDelete