Hoodia works. I think I've got my eating back under control now. I think it's gonna be a while if ever that I can diet as hardcore as I did to get down from 300 to 235, but I'm not binging anymore. I'm eating a reasonable amount and I've got a gym that I can go to during my prime awake hours so hopefully that is enough for me to get back to losing weight.
I did 3 miles at 3.3 miles an hour a few days ago. I tried to do it at 3.4 last night, but I only ended up getting 1.25 miles and then I bumped it down to 2 mph for another quarter of a mile. I don't think it was the .1 increase in speed, I think my ankle muscles just hadn't fully recovered from the previous run. I want to get 3 miles at 4 mph before I try to talk to my old Taekwondo instructor to see if I can take maybe one private lesson a week and test for belts when testing times come up. I need to pass 2 tests (one comes up every other month) to get a "probationary" black belt (it has a white stripe on it). And then one more test 4 months later to get the "decided" black belt (Pure black with "Taekwondo America" written in gold letters down one side and your name down the other side.
I'm having a harder time when my alarm goes off lately. Everyday when I wake up I kind of have to start over. Every "issue" I have kind of hits me fresh when I first wake up. Within an hour or so I've made my peace with everything again. But I kind of dread going to sleep because I know when I do the next time I'm conscious I'm going to have to work through everything all over again. It's easier on weekends because I do it all while I'm still half asleep and don't have to get out of bed until I'm done.
I have to apply by March for the "Japanese Language Initiative" program that will let me take 6 hours this summer and 6 hours in Japan next summer. I need 3 teachers to refer me. I can use my Foundations of Mathematics teacher from last semester and my Linear Algebra teacher from this semester. I'll have to drive to Oxford for that sometime. But I need one more. I guess I will have to also drive to Fulton and ask my ICC calculus teacher for one. It has been over 4 years, but I know that she remembers me. The girl that has been in both my Ole Miss classes asked her if she remembered me and she did. The girl just described me to her because she forgot my name and Miss Randle remembered my name. That's a good sign. The program is supposed to be for incoming freshman who are willing to declare Japanese as a minor. But I know last summer there were only 6 people in it. Hopefully that's because they had so few applicants and not because that's just how many spots there are.
So this December I hope to knock Thailand off my bucket list of places to visit before I die, and Japan off next year. The other places on the list: Ireland, Scotland, South Korea, Israel, and Brazil.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI only have problems getting up because I stay up pretty late.
ReplyDelete