I got my computey parts Tuesday and got to tinkering when I got home from work this morning. I added the 2 gigs of ram to the 1 I already had. I replaced the power supply so now my video card has a direct connection for powering now. I was getting generic performance before because I didn't have that kind of connection from my previous power supply. (My original did, but when it died I wasn't very careful in picking out a new one.) My new power supply also gave me the ability to hook up all 3 of my hard drives. Later I want to try putting linux on one of them.
I used a treadclimber type thingy at the gym for the first time. I have used those cross-country skiing machines before and they were fine, but this thing is a little different. Especially the more you incline it, but even with zero incline it makes you move in a way that feels really awkward. I intend to keep doing it though. Maybe I'll get used to it.
I learned that if nothing in the gym shifts positions on the floor, the lights time out and turn off. They were off when I got there and came on when I walked in the door. About 15 minutes into treadclimbing they switched off again and came back on when I got off of it and walked around a little bit. Neat.
The first Linear Algebra class was this morning. This class is going to be a cakepiece, I think. The same 2 other people in it are the same 2 that were in my class last semester. The girl... Whose name I had started to remember but have forgotten now... She is graduating in May. The dude, whose name I don't recall ever learning, was not there today, but I know he is in the class. I am so socially retarded and nervous that when I am going through the introduction to a new person process, I am so focused on doing all the external rituals correctly that I don't think to store or even process the information they are giving me. I suppose I am destined for a Seinfeld situation with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment